Friday, March 12, 2010

Oldies

I've been cleaning out my computer and came across some older images - 2002/2003 stuff. This one is still one of my favorites. It's called "Process". The guy in the lower left is the artist, the baby headed airplanes are ideas, and the two headed guy represents the right and left brain each trying to block the ideas from getting to the artist's head - which is often my problem. I feel like I have some really great left brained ideas, that then get overruled by my right brain, and vice versa. My favorite paintings are the ones that straddle the subjectivity and objectivity, and for by those standards, this was a very true painting me. Plus, it was one of the first ones where I used more middle mixtures with high chroma accents, and got away from out of the tube color harmonies.

No comments: